Quality is not a state but a process.
The Association of Management Education SEM FORUM was officially registered in February 1993 in Warsaw on the initiative of 19 charter members interested in promoting management education in Poland. It is an organisation open to all people, business schools, enterprises and educational institutions and organisations that are interested in providing and supporting high quality education in this field. The aim of the SEM FORUM is to promote and implement the best solutions that serve this purpose.
On July 4 1994 twelve schools and institutions reached a Business Schools Agreement on Quality of Education which enabled the creation of a professional accreditation system in Poland. The agreement established the Accreditation Committee, built accreditation procedures and determined high quality standards for the following programmes:
- Management Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme,
- Graduate full-time Management & Marketing programme,
- Graduate full-time Finance & Banking programme,
- Graduate full time complementary programme,
- Undergraduate full-time Management & Marketing programme,
- Undergraduate full-time Finance & Banking programme,
- Undergraduate full-time Economics programme,
- Undergraduate full-time Computer Science programme,
- Undergraduate full-time Computer Science & Econometrics programme,
- Graduate full-time Economics programme,
- Graduate full-time Computer Sience programme,
- Graduate full-time Computer Sience & Econometrics programme,
- and in 2004 - standards of institutional accreditation.
Members of the Association strive at a common opinion on questions of management. SEM FORUM attempts to be representative of the community and upholds its interests vis-à-vis the government and non-governmental organizations.